Blog post by: Kyra Kronberg, Baer Performance Marketing Intern
It’s no secret that the internet has immensely evolved in the last couple of decades. Social media alone has become a powerhouse for marketing media and storytelling. But what’s also been on the rise is video media!
If you were to go back 10 years ago, most internet consumption was through text and image. But now, videos are preferred because they provide that quick information highway that people are looking for. So what does that mean for business and marketing? Here’s what you should know about video and why it’s the future of content marketing.
Business owners are always hearing the “things you should be doing.” However, the usefulness of video marketing continues to prove itself over and over again with statistics like these:
- Cisco is predicting that 82% of consumer internet traffic will be videos by 2021.
- 90% of consumers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- Facebook generates 8 billion views on average per day. (Source: Social Media Today)
- According to YouTube, video consumption rises 100% every year. (Source: HubSpot)
- 55% of people watch videos every day. (Source: Digital Information World)
- Video posts on Facebook have a 135% greater organic reach than photo posts. (Source: Social Media Today)
- Companies using video have 41% more web traffic. (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- 80% of consumers recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
Strategies to Use in Video Marketing
- Share your story! Storytelling is what makes a video most successful. It grabs interest and emotion from viewers by using music and tone of voice, making it memorable.
- Live-Stream is becoming increasingly popular. Use Facebook Live, Periscope, or Instagram Stories to engage with an audience whether it’s sharing company news, promoting an event, or just a Q&A.
- Make videos for your products. This allows you to control the message of what it is, how it works, and the benefits it could bring to consumers.
- Post videos directly to Facebook instead of a YouTube link. This allows for a higher organic reach.
Since video content is becoming more popular, maybe it’s time to start looking into it and conform to the “on-the-go” lifestyle of today’s consumers. If a picture’s worth 1,000 words, then one minute of video is worth 1.8 million!