As the year draws to a close, we’d like to look back on some interesting and noteworthy statistics regarding social media marketing and its usage. These are all great indicators of what marketers and businesses can expect for social media in 2020.
- 1 billion people use Instagram every month.
- 1/3 of most viewed Instagram Stories are from businesses.
- 46% of social media users will stop following a brand if they post too many promotional messages.
- 96% of small businesses have used social media to market their brands.
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.
- Around 22% of social media marketing activities are done by an agency.
- About 59% of Americans believe that social media has made customer service easier.
- Geotagging can increase engagement rates by 79% on Instagram.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media.
- 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.
Video and Social Media Facts
- Only 15% of users watch videos with sound on Facebook.
- 41% of marketers have used Instagram video.
- 11% of marketers have used Snapchat video.
- Over 50% of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of video on Facebook and YouTube a week.
Social Media and Gen Z Facts
- Instagram is the most popular traditional social media network among teens in the United States, with YouTube and Snapchat as the next popular platforms.
- 77% of Gen Z feel more positively towards a brand when it promotes equality on social media.
- 91% of Gen Z have watched a video clip or visited a video-sharing site.
- 95% of Gen Z use another device for social media while watching TV.
- More than 41% of Tik Tok users are between the ages of 16 and 24.
If your business is looking to increase its social media presence and impact in 2020, contact Baer Performance Marketing today to start developing a unique and personalized strategy!