Blog Post By: Marshall Stanelle, Baer Performance Marketing Intern
Is your email marketing strategy failing to deliver the open rates, click-through rates, conversions, or overall engagement you expected? Have you wished there was an easier way to send emails to the right audience at the right time? Questions and frustrations like these can sometimes come to light when businesses analyze their email marketing strategy. Drip marketing is a great solution to address many of these email marketing challenges. In this article, we’ll teach you what drip marketing is and how it will help you more effectively engage subscribers, build brand awareness, and automate your email marketing strategy. Let’s dive right in!
Drip Marketing: An Overview
Drip marketing is a strategy that involves sending pre-built, automated emails based on a set schedule or user action. The goal is to ensure the right information is being delivered to the right person at the right time, resulting in the subscriber taking a desired action.
Examples of Emails Commonly Used Within a Drip Marketing Campaign:
- A welcome email is the first email sent to a new subscriber. These messages often introduce a company and its offerings, provide a special discount to engage a prospect, and set expectations as to what the subscriber will be sent and how often.
- Onboarding emails follow a welcome email and can further highlight the key benefits of products or services offered by the company.
- A shopping cart abandonment email is sent to a prospect who added products to his or her online shopping cart but didn’t check out. The email grabs attention and serves as a friendly reminder.
- Purchase campaigns send emails to customers thanking them when purchases are made.
- Retargeting campaigns help businesses reintroduce their brand or products to prospects who have previously engaged with their content but didn’t follow through on the call to action.
- Subscription renewal campaigns notify customers that a subscription is about to expire and remind them of the value it provides.
- Promotional campaigns send special offers and discounts to convert subscribers into customers.
Benefits of Drip Marketing
Drip email marketing comes with great benefits for any business if implemented properly. According to Shikha Agrawal, author of “The What, Why, and How of Drip Email Marketing,” the open rates of drip marketing are around 80 percent higher, and click-through rates are three times higher, compared to single send emails. Other benefits include:
Increased customer engagement: Personalization of emails helps the customer feel as if a company cares about them. Consequently, customers engage with emails more due to that close connection they feel with the brand. The timing of emails plays an important role in drip email marketing, too. Emails are strategically sent at a specific time when customers are more likely to check their email inboxes.
Recovery of disengaged contacts: Drip email marketing can target customers who have stopped interacting with emails using personalized “we miss you” messaging and exclusive offers to get them interested again. According to ActiveCampaign, 45 percent of subscribers receiving re-engagement emails will continue to open future emails from the brand.
Prospect progression through the buying funnel: Whether it’s through triggers or a set schedule, drip email marketing encourages subscribers to more efficiently move through the stages of awareness, interest, desire, and action within the sales funnel.
Optimize Your Drip Email Marketing With Baer Performance Marketing
If you’re looking to turn your email marketing subscribers into buyers, increase brand loyalty, and re-engage lapsed customers, it’s time to launch a drip marketing campaign!
At Baer Performance Marketing, we’ll build your comprehensive drip campaign from the ground up. We’ll design the emails, determine the proper frequency of contact over a set period of time, and/or create a campaign that will respond to the actions of the target audience, retargeting or dripping new, relevant information at the appropriate times. Nurturing your company’s leads is an incredibly important building block of future growth. Contact us to get started today.